on this Friday...

Isaiah 53:4- 12
Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows, 
yet we considered him stricken by God, 
smitten by him, and afflicted. 
But he was pierced for our transgressions, 
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, 
and by his wounds we are healed. 
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, 
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all. 

He was oppressed and afflicted, 
yet he did not open his mouth; 
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and asa sheep before her shearers is silent, 
so he did not open his mouth. 
By oppression and judgement he was taken away. 
And who can speak for his descendants? 
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was stricken. 
He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death, 
though he had done no violence, 
nor was any deceit in his mouth. 

Yet it was the Lord's will to crush him and to cause him to suffer, 
and though the Lord makes his life a guilt offering, 
he will see his offspring and prolong his days, 
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand. 
After the suffering go his soul, 
he will see the light of life and be satisfied;
by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, 
and he will bear their iniquities. 
Therefore I will give hime a portion among the great, 
and he will divide the spoils with the strong, 
because he poured our his life unto death, 
and was numbered with the transgressors. 
For he bore the sin of many, 
and made intercession for the transgressors. 


God's been working on this hardened heart of mine this morning...
Good Friday. The night He was crucified.

The past 40 days of Lent I was supposed to be preparing my heart...
Did I? Hardly.
So aware of my sin condition. That's what I've been praying for.
Thank You God for answering my prayer. 

So here I am.
Broken. Unworthy.
On my knees.

I thank God for this sacrifice.
I cannot imagine. From prayers in the garden to hanging on a cross.
In less than 24 hours, the whole world changed.
Jesus, dying on that cross. Taking up all my sin. All your sin. The sin of the world.
On his shoulders.
Jesus paid it all.
Thank You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment