Tuesday Thoughts

*it's cold. I would appreciate some weather warmth soon...

*reading one thousand gifts. loving it.
I'll continue my list here today...
135. technology that allows me to communicate with those I love.
136. 8 miles. 8 miles that came easier than expected on the trail Saturday.
137. a true friend to push me, encourage me, and be excited for me :)
138. 18 months old. silly. one arm out of his shirt. often.
139. an evening with the ladies. FON-DON'T. laughter all around. real-ness all around.
140. bible study this evening. SO looking forward to it.
141. even though the Keurig isn't working {insert huge sad face} still having heavenly coffee. thanks Dad. {also know as, "the perks of living with your parents}
142. newly discovered discipline continues.
143. homemade biscuits and gravy
144. thoughtfulness of a momma who knows not to making *fish* when I'm home for dinner...
145. dinner options!
146. the luxury of being a picky eater.
147. dinner with friends.
148. slightly awkward conversation turns into almost four hours around the kitchen table.
149. literacy. seriously.
150. coloring books and crayons.
151. cold weather runs
152. Grace. Thanksgiving. Joy
153. pea-size.

*I would like to be more diligent in keeping my gifts list... need to start writing gifts down in journal.

* I think today calls for a nap.

* In church, we've been working through Philippians. We've also been challenged to memorize 11 verses and complete 11 Acts of Worship.
Last week the the verse was - "Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe." Philippians 2:14-15
And the Act of Worship was a 7 Day Complain Free Challenge. I got into the challenge late because I wasn't at church that Sunday. But as I struggled to not complain, I struggled with what complaining was considered.... For example, I got perfume in my eye. It hurt. Now if I say that is it complaining or just stating fact? It happened and it hurt.
Dictionary.com defines complaining as: to express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure, resentment, or grief; find fault...
So I guess talking about my perfumed eye would be complaining... But then what do you talk about? How great it was after you got the perfume out?
I mean I really don't think so. I guess I think it only becomes complaining when you are more "WOE IS ME," everyone should have sympathy for me, don't let it go type of thing... BUT am I just making that up so I will feel better about myself...? Possibly. I guess no matter what I am more aware of the complaints that come out of my mouth.... BUT man, I really want to be "blameless and pure, child without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe."

*This weeks verse is: "But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him not having a righteousness of my own that come from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ- the righteousness that come from God on the basis of faith. I want to know Christ- yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so somehow attaining to the resurrection from the dead." Philippians 3:7-11
Goal: Next week I will type this all from memory!
And the challenge is to sacrifice something. And not just something... But something you LOVE. I'm praying through what I love. And what I need to sacrifice... {NOT what I want to sacrifice}

*Jackson is really liking Sesame Street. I like that too.

*On Saturday I take the Praxis II: Social Studies: Content Knowledge. I should have started studying much earlier. I have to pass. It won't be easy. O and yea, PAID $205 to TAKE a 2 hour test. awesome. (ok, so that's complaining- woe is me)

* I can't wait to start planning for Kellie's baby shower. I think I shall do that today! yahoo!

*Final Thought:
What is God calling you/me/everyone of His children to sacrifice...?

No comments:

Post a Comment