"You shall be holy, as I am holy"

As I roam around "BlogWorld" I peek into the lives of many different types of bloggers. Some proclaim their relationship with Christ, others speak strictly of their families or crafts, and some question life... And at times I wonder, "Why don't I question in this way?" Is is just that my brain doesn't work that way? Or am I just dumber? Not as theological, thoughtful, analytical, or introspective... And the more I think about it the more I know my purpose is Christ.

His purpose is My purpose:
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the first born among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
Romans 8:28-30
I do not worry (Philippians 4:6) - I know that God hears my prayers & has it all figured out. Ok, really I spend a lot of time worrying... But always {in the end, when I open my eyes} God is faithful!
These days there seem to be so many questions about wives and husbands and marriage. But I know and am secure in fact that as a wife I must submit to my husband (Ephesians 5:22-24) Yes, I struggle handing over control at times... But I know my husband is seeking Christ, loving me, respecting me, and serving me (Ephesians 5:25) in each and every decision.
Church seems to be another area of questioning... But when I look at the first church of Act and the church I attend, serve, and love I know we are following God's will for His Church (Acts 2:42).
Trusting and obeying the Lord is simple (Psalm 19:7-9). And I FAIL. In major ways, often. .. But we are forgiven and set free (Philippians 1:6) and of that I am certain because I experienced the peace of God that transcends all understanding (Philippians 4:7)
And I stand firm knowing that I lack nothing (Psalm 23), I was created with a purpose (Psalm 139:13-16), and
above everything else, all I really need to do is:
‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Matthew 22:37-39
KNOWING
My FUTURE is SECURE:
The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
Psalm 16:5
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14
And there are so many others ways in which I know my purpose... I can't even comprehend them all. And yes, I back up each purpose with Scripture because I have seen and lived this Scripture true in my life.
And all I can do is be thankful. Thankful for a purposeful life. With no questions. Thankful for holiness. Thankful for this purposeful life I live striving to be holy and loving everyone the best that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment