What She Taught Me

This Mother's Day is a little different for me... I am 25 weeks from being a mother myself... It sounds too strange. And I've been thinking... How in the world am I going to raise a child? Teach a child? Yes, teaching... A mother does this more than any other profession. My mother taught me everything. Literally. And as I question what is ahead in my life and how I will teach this child of mine, I think the only thing I can do it be thankful for what she taught me. And do my best to teach this child of mine just the same...


She taught me to care.
She taught me to laugh, loud.
She taught me to bathe.
And do my hair.
She taught me to decorate.
And care for a home.
She taught me to love.
She taught me to sing aloud.
She taught me the importance of good music.
And to love whatever music you love.
She taught me to read.
She taught me to work hard.
She taught me to listen.
She taught me to look for the best deal.
And to still spend on some important things. like hair.
She taught me to reflect.
She taught me to try, try, try again.
She taught me to persevere.
She taught me to endure.
She taught me sacrifice.
She taught me to trust.
She taught me to cook.
She taught me the importance of lasting friendships.
And more importantly, family.
She taught me to forgive.
She taught me how to clean.
She taught me to be a woman of God.
She taught me what a Godly wife is.
She taught me how to drive.
And to not speed, often.
She taught me the best places to shop.
She taught me to eat healthy.
And enjoy good food.
even if it is unhealthy.
...
She taught me more things than I can ever list.
And I'm sure she's going to me how to me a mom.
And will continue to teach for the rest of her year.



Momma, you're the best.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment