more thoughts on Easter...

Lately I've been thinking...
What is more celebrated Easter or Christmas? duh, Christmas. I mean secular or religious practice Christmas is always a bigger deal. You have Advent, the tree, the lights, the cookies, Santa, the list goes on...
But... What is more important the birth of Christ or the death and resurrection of Christ? I'm going to have to say the later...

Philippians 3:10-12

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

1 Peter 1:3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead...

Matthew 27:50-53And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

So what have been thinking....?

In my home I want to make Easter as big of a deal as Christmas... And I mean I love Christmas. the traditions. the time together. the food. I love it all. And I want to celebrate the death and resurrection of Christ with as much love as I doHis birth... Some of my ideas...

-more decor: this probably means bunnies and eggs and pastels. I think that sounds great!

-an Easter morning egg hunt {last year, we helped our children's pastor and his wife stuff and hide eggs all over their house for their three kids-so fun}

-super great Easter baskets

-reading through the stories of the time leading up to Jesus on the Cross each night at dinner

-practicing Lent as family {may look similar to this year... may not}

-baking Easter only goodies :)

-a huge Easter dinner {I've done this my whole life. Pass the ham and Presbyterian potatoes, please}

Just some thoughts... What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment