Here & Now ... There & Then

It started many months ago. A Monday morning Bible study. About 10 women and Beth Moore. Her lecture series on Revelation.

I missed many sessions. {I mean I had a baby, and then I was living with a newborn}. I didn’t always do my homework… And a few times I stood outside and held a crying babe.

But through this study I’ve learned a lot:
Figurative. Him “who is, and who was, and who is to come.” Tribulation to kingdom bliss. 7. Lampstands. Stars. Churches. The “I am.” Literal. Commendations. Warnings. Overcome. Horses. Cosmic Disturbances. Seals. Angels. One third. Remnant nation Israel. 12. Tribes. Apostles. Great multitude. Symbolic. Literal. Beasts. Great Occasion. River of life. Tree of life.
“Behold, I am coming soon!”

And in the end, I am struck by the same statement that I wrote during the very first session-
“All will be made perfect & complete in the end of days.”

Not to say that this whole study has been in vain. I am in awe of God’s might and power on display in this book. And even though none of us know what is literal, figurative, symbolic, or exact, it is all truth. In same way or another the great multitude will cry out in a loud voice:
‘Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.

Amen!
Praise and glory
and wisdom and thanks and honor
and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever.
Amen!”
Rev. 7: 10-12
And there will be beasts and an antichrist. And all theses unimaginable, too hard to even conceptualize things that will happen in the end of the age.

So I just rest in the power of the Lord. He knows. He’s the only one that knows. But in that rest, I know that this Revelation given to John on the island of Patmos is the end to my Bible for a reason.
A warning. Sure.
A hope. Definitely.

{From my listening guide}
The Divine Romance: Eccclesiastes 3:11
“God has made everything beautiful in its time. He has set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”

We only see a glimpse. A glimpse of His love, His power, His might, His holiness, His love.
Faithful and true.
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
He will make all things new.
He is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment