Lent of Don't {4} & {5}

4. Don’t Give Up Facebook. But, before you sign on, think of who you’ll stalk (smile) and take some time to pray for them. Or, stop as you’re reading and pray for the people you’ve read about and the pictures you’ve seen.

5. Don’t Give Up Email. But, take a few minutes to write some tangible notes these 40 days. Use stamps and that thing called a mailbox and say ‘Thank You,’ or ‘thinking of you,’ or just say things you just can’t say over a computer.



So Easter is this Sunday... I'm feeling like I'm a sinner saved by grace. Thankful for Jesus. Thankful for the ultimate sacrifice of a father giving up his one and only son. The last 16 days of my Lent Practice weren't perfect. I often forgot to pray for those on facebook. And I'll be sending out 8 cards today/tomorrow. But in a way I'm okay with that. I feel like this year I did more to prepare myself for this season than ever before. And even though it was far from perfect and I have a long way to go, I know I got that much closer and brought that much more glory to the King of Kings.

As I read the last 3 chapters of Luke today I am struck by Christ's attitude. Pure and holy surrender. He never argued or even sounded slightly harsh... As he was being beating and wrongly accused. He knew this was fulling the Scriptures.

"Then he said to them, "These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and said to them, "Thus it is written,that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things." Luke 24: 44-48


Praise be to Jesus Christ for fulfilling Scripture and saving my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment