it's ok.

42 days later i have completed  Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

30 days... it took me 42 days 
BUT 
it's ok. 

i got some nasty ankle tendonitis and rested for a week right in the middle
it's ok. 

i didn't lose the "20 pounds in 30 days"
BUT 
it's ok. 

i am NOT back to my pre-baby weight
BUT 
it's ok.

i cheated on more than just my cheat days
BUT 
it's ok.

BECAUSE for 30 days {technically 35days} 
i sweated my rear off.
i worked out early in the morning, during naptime, or after eveyone else was in bed. 
i did something for myself. 
i ate better than i had in months. 
i gained muscle and strength and some self-respect.

after 42 days i can say: 
I DID IT. 
 with my 3 month old watching me, 
with my 2 year old mimicking my huffing and puffing, 
before or after just nursing, 
after a busy day, 
before a full day, 
in the midst of the long days, 
I DID IT. 

{and i'm pretty proud}

next goal- get back into running shape
here we go!

1 comment:

  1. I actually noticed on Sunday how great you looked! (I apologize for my lack of finding you to tell you). I love how you said Joshua mimicked you while exercising... Noah tries to do Jillian with me (which is adorable) - but when he's not, he's chilling on the couch yelling at me that I'm not doing it like the woman on TV! ;) lol.....

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete