not turning back.

the amazing thing about the book called the Bible is that no matter how many times you read a book, a chapter, or a verse it comes alive in different ways almost every time...
i've probably read Philippians more than any other book in my Bible. it's pretty short, studied it in church a couple times, etc. for my Tuesday night book study we are reading The Search for Significance by Robert S. McGee {pretty good so far}. the book took me Philippians 3.
i started reading:
vs.7 But whatever were gains to me know I consider loss or the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake i have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that i may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, btu that which is through faith in Christ- the righteousness that comes form God on the basis of faith. I want to Christ- yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
and then I love how the Message writes vs.12-14:
I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friends, don't get me wrong:
i have not got this figured out, but i'm running.
i'm running towards Jesus.
with everything i've got, i'm running.
and i'm not turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment