a favorite tradition: Christmas Tree Hunting


Every year since we have been married, right after Thanksgiving we trek up into the mountains to find that {nearly} perfect Christmas Tree. It truly is one of my favorite traditions of the holiday season.

 I love packing up into the car with my parents and brother {sometimes a sister has joined} and heading into the unknown, hoping to find that perfect tree. I {sort of love} love prepping everyone in the car once we arrive- gloves, boots, jacks, baby carriers, etc. I also love that it costs $10 for a Christmas tree!
But mostly, I love that every year is different & every year we spend the whole trip talking about the previous trips we have taken. The one year, Blitz ran off & Manny finally caught him by playing dead in the middle of road. The one year, we went to a new spot and there was NO snow & NO trees. The one year, it was so cold we only walked about 50 feet from the car. The one year we saw wild turkeys. And this year: we saw deer, it snowed, the snow was deep and the trees were beautiful.


Each year, we added more children and the boys are just growing and walking and enjoying it more and more! I truly look forward to this day every year! I can't wait to see how Joshua, Asher & Kennedy truly feel about the this tradition. It's the best way to get in the holiday spirit if you ask me!

Merry Christmas Tree!

{no family picture this year - oops!}

No comments:

Post a Comment